Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Zumba... Wow!




I think I am in exercise love.. Is there such a thing?

I love to dance, but I think I look like an idiot dancing.. because I am too fat to be graceful.

However... today I discovered that I still Love to dance.. and dancing is really, really good exercise.. especially when you do it non-stop for 45 minutes!

Zumba is kind of interesting.. it is a cardio class that masks itself with really good Latin, Hip Hop and R&B music that you can't help but feel some energy around.

It was harder than I thought it would be, but I managed to participate in 90% of the moves.. some of them I have to work up my stamina to complete the whole sequence.

The cool thing is that this class is offered every Tuesday on my lunch hour at the gym around the corner from work.  I have absolutely no excuse not to do it.

The class was full and fun and I was a bit intimidated when I first got there as the women participating were all thin and in much better shape than I was.. but I recieved no dirty looks, and no one seemed to be pointing or laughing at me, so I will go back.. every week.. it is the most fun I have EVER had in a cardio class..

One person summed it up perfectly for me in the class... She said..."Where else can you go and DANCE on your lunch hour and call it exercise?".. Perfect..

I am now two days this week for Breakfast, healthy lunch and Gym..Yesterday I did the Treadmill (I even Ran for about 3 minutes total...OMG) and upper body circuit machines for 20 minutes.. and today I did a Zumba Class..
I am feeling.. well pretty darn good.. and.. the crazy thing is.. I am even feeling a little motivated to continue....

1 comment:

cowgirljlynn said...

Way to go!! Keep it up, I am still just thinking about it, I really need to get motivated!!